Where is everybody at?

Because I'm an inquisitive chap, may I ask that each person who visits the blog for the first time leaves a comment mentioning where they are? Just the town/city and country to give me an insight as to where my blog is reaching. If you have visited before, would you leave a message anyway? (just the once)

Please feel free to leave a comment

Saturday 11 August 2012

Just a little bit

 

This evening has been hard work. I’ve spent six hours prepping and part painting the ten Gauss Flayers for the Doomsday Ark. The reason then small parts took so long is because I wanted to get the recessed pattern on the gun to have a crisp green detail. To do this I gave each one a light spray of white undercoat then painted dark green ink in the recesses. Once that was done I covered each recess with BluTac (other adhesive putty is available) then I gave each gun a spray with black undercoat and dry brushed them with Boltgun Metal. When the guns were dry I removed the BluTac. To be honest the effect was ok, but it could have gone better. However, I am happy with the result.

2012-08-1023453620120810_23443920120810_234439-120120810_234449

All that’s left do do is paint the curved power cable and the guns, at least, will be finished.

The power cables will be painted white, the given a wash of dark green ink and the dry brushed with either Goblin green or snot green. Hopefully this last job won’t take too long and I can get on with the rest of the model.

Call back later to see how it all goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment